This page is about membership in the Society. For institutional and library subscriptions to Global Nineteenth-Century Studies, please contact Liverpool University Press firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual and department/school memberships are for a two-year period (1 Jan 2023 to 31 Dec 2024).
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP?
1. The opportunity to attend a biennial world congress within a two-year membership period
2. The opportunity to apply for SGNCS sponsored research grants, travel grants, and scholarships (information forthcoming)
3. The opportunity to attend various regional events and other Society-related activities
4. The opportunity to meet, network, and collaborate with other colleagues from a variety of disciplines who share an interest in the period
5. A two-year subscription to Global Nineteenth-Century Studies (if you join midway through a two-year cycle, you will receive copies of the issues published before you became a member)
6. The biannual digital newsletter (the first issue will be freely available while future ones will be password-protected for the benefit of members)
7. The opportunity to utilize new features of the website to be launched in 2023
8. The right to vote in the Society’s elections and to be eligible for nomination, election, or appointment to the Executive Council and its standing and ad hoc committees
Your membership fees help to keep the Society operating throughout the year. Membership fees are, therefore, nonrefundable.
Individual Membership (1 Jan 2023-31 Dec 2024)
New and reinstating members should establish their individual membership category according to the following graduated schedule. All prices in USD:
Individual Membership (income equivalent to $99,000 and above) $250.00
Individual Membership (income equivalent to $50,000 and above) $195.00
Individual Membership (income equivalent to between $25,000 and $49,999) $145.00
Individual Membership (income equivalent to $24,999 and below) $100.00
Retiree Membership $125.00
Student Membership (eligible for up to six years) $95.00
Institutional Membership (1 Jan 2023-31 Dec 2024) $2500.00 (USD)
Discounted World Congress registration fee for up to ten graduate students or early career researchers (pre-tenure) from the institution
Online and print copy of Global Nineteenth-Century Studies
Discounted copies of all titles published in the Studies in the Global Nineteenth Century book series
Special recognition on our website and at our World Congresses
50% discount on full-page advertisements in Global Nineteenth-Century Studies
Gratis advertisements in the Society’s biannual digital newsletter
Department/school academic staff publications page on our website
Lifetime Membership $5000.00 (USD)
This website accepts direct credit and debit card payments from most countries. You may also select Paypal on checkout. For wire transfers, please contact us (email@example.com) for further instructions.